For a summer that I thought we'd spend at home, turns out we were on the road alot -- some business, some pleasure--- Tahoe, Laguna (twice), last weekend...Newport Beach. We were at the District at Tustin eating at a great Thai place and so I decided to add--to Ciao! China ---"and places we ate". Some local, some international....and some not so great places. And that will include great dinners we had at family and friends homes. (Dinners at family/ friends homes are always great !) I'll start with that Thai place in Tustin and a not so great place we dined at Fashion Island. I'll even include some successes and culinary tragedies at home.... More later. First a picture of some great Blackberry Morning Rolls -- This is from "Peas and Thank You". Came out great, even for a rookie baker such as myself. That's FRESH blackberries as filling and it's stuck together with applesauce and some wheat flour. Sure--there's brown sugar---and that frosting--creme cheese. So it's not great for you--but not so bad either. Easy. Delicious. I'm not sure what the copy right is on recipes, so you'll have to buy the book or check it out of your local library to try it for yourself.
Tuesday, September 27, 2011
Its Been a Year--adding New Theme
For a summer that I thought we'd spend at home, turns out we were on the road alot -- some business, some pleasure--- Tahoe, Laguna (twice), last weekend...Newport Beach. We were at the District at Tustin eating at a great Thai place and so I decided to add--to Ciao! China ---"and places we ate". Some local, some international....and some not so great places. And that will include great dinners we had at family and friends homes. (Dinners at family/ friends homes are always great !) I'll start with that Thai place in Tustin and a not so great place we dined at Fashion Island. I'll even include some successes and culinary tragedies at home.... More later. First a picture of some great Blackberry Morning Rolls -- This is from "Peas and Thank You". Came out great, even for a rookie baker such as myself. That's FRESH blackberries as filling and it's stuck together with applesauce and some wheat flour. Sure--there's brown sugar---and that frosting--creme cheese. So it's not great for you--but not so bad either. Easy. Delicious. I'm not sure what the copy right is on recipes, so you'll have to buy the book or check it out of your local library to try it for yourself.