It's amazing what you'll do just out of pure love for someone. Yesterday I found myself walking down the street of Nanchang with Marie's purse over my left shoulder and a sippie cup and toy in the other hand and didn't think twice about it. Yeah I got some weird stares but for Gracie and Marie it's all worth it. I find myself also waking at night to listen for little Gracie's breathing and once I hear it and see her little chest go up and down I can sleep better. I also wake up a little early just to see Gracie wake up and look at me with those beautiful eyes through that wild hair and reach up to grab for my hand and make those little baby sounds. Yeah I know "tough cop" but she just melts my heart. Oh no I won't spoil my Gracie, Yeah right.
Just a little bit about the crib they put in the rooms for our little ones. First of all there is no padding to speak of and they look more like cages with the bars just wide enough for an arm, leg or even head to slip through. We have to put padding all around it every night using a towel or blanket for the sides and clipping them with plastic clothes pins to stay on. We roll up a blanket for the bottom for Gracie to sleep on because they have no mattresses in them. We push one side of the crib next to the bed nice and tight and push two chairs up close to the other side. We stick a pillow at the end of the crib for padding and in goes Gracie. So far so good and the last two nights she has slept very well. Well gotta go Y'all. Ciao!!!
